Department: Commerce & Technology (Trade Mark)
Specialism: Trade Mark
My client offers a unique opportunity to advance your career in a personable, progressive and entrepreneurial environment. Their people and culture is important to them and central to everything they do. They continually strive to create and maintain a friendly and supportive environment for our staff. You will quickly get to know everyone from the Senior Partner to the most junior staff. Whilst they recognised for their strong culture and investing in their people, they are equally well known for their high profile matters, quality of our work and solving their clients' most complex legal issues.
The job holder will primarily be responsible for assisting the partner with the trade mark prosecution practice.
* Reviewing/drafting specifications;
* Conducting trade mark searches and providing advice on registrability;
* Reviewing trade mark and design applications;
* Preparing advice to clients on filing strategies and oppositions/cancellations;
* Assisting with all trade mark prosecution (with assistance from trainee/paralegal) including responding to objections/refusals.
* Drafting opposition/cancellation/opposition grounds;
* Preparing evidence and witness statements;
* Helping to train the trade mark paralegal and trainee trade mark attorney and assisting the partner with reviewing and approving their work;
* Conducting IP audits
* Direct responsibility with dealing with clients;
* Dealing with the relevant trade mark registries and overseas attorneys;
* Assisting with IP research;
* Assisting with budgets and billing to clients;
* Writing articles and attending client events;
* Keeping abreast of technology changes by undergoing training where necessary complying with the firm's practices, procedures and quality standards;
* Assisting with business development and attending client meetings;
* Assisting the Partners with ad hoc duties as necessary
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.