My client is seeking a Corporate Data Protection Solicitor join their central London practice.
The firm is Legal 500, established for 200+ years and the work is primarily with HNWs, families and entrepreneurs, a number of them being very substantial multinational businesses.
* Reviewing, drafting and advising upon privacy documents including Privacy Notices, Consent Forms, Records of Processing Activities, Privacy Standards / Data Protection Policies, Data Breach Policies, Data Retention Policies.
* Reviewing, drafting and advising upon Data Sharing Agreements (both controller to controller agreements and data processor agreements).
* Carrying out and advising on Legitimate Interest Assessment and Data Protection Impact Assessments.
* Advising in relation to data breaches, including reporting obligations to the ICO and affected data subjects, recording keeping requirements, remediation and mitigation strategies.
* Advising in relation to international transfers of data, including recent changes to Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) and potential impact of the Data Reform Bill.
* Advising in relation to data subject access requests and the exercise of other data subject rights.
* Advising in relation to specific conditions for the processing of special category data and criminal conviction data under the Data Protection Act 2018 and appropriate safeguards for data subjects rights.
* Carrying out due diligence on UK GDPR compliance in relation to corporate transactions.
* Reviewing and advising on whether suppliers’ terms and conditions contain appropriate provisions as required under the UK GDPR relating to them acting as data processors.
* At least 2 years’ experience advising on UK GDPR/data protection.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding and interest in data protection / privacy legal and practical issues.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to analyse significant volumes of information and so ensure that information presented to clients is of high quality, addresses the questions identified, is practical and consistent.
* Strong written communications skills, with the ability to operate within drafting and scope guidelines.
* Self-motivated and highly organised, with good IT skills.
* Flexibility, dedication and ambition.
* 4x Life Assurance
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* BUPA Cashplan
* BUPA Health Assessment
* BUPA Dental
* Auto enrolment in the firm’s Group Personal Pension Scheme
* Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Introduction Bonus Scheme
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
£80000 – £120000/annumAnnum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.