We are working with a number of leading sets of Barristers Chambers in London, with exciting opportunities to join their sets as a Junior, or Starter Clerk.
These exciting, entry-level positions will suit those who have just finished their education, whether that be sixth form, college or university and be looking for their first position in a legal, professional services environment. As a Starter Clerk, you will assist the clerking team in providing an effective and efficient practice management service to all members of chambers.
· Assisting the more senior clerks in the conduct of their duties and the general administration of Chambers
· Organising the distribution of the post and DX each morning
· Taking post to the post office daily. Likewise with the DX
· Delivering by hand, mail for members of chambers in the local area
· Delivering skeleton arguments and authorities bundles to courts and other chambers. Lodging documents using CE-File.
· Taking documents to and from various courts and solicitor offices
· Organising papers throughout chambers
· Organising papers etc for offsite storage. Liaising with the shredding company and keeping the cellars in good order
· Updating records on Lex
· Organising internal and external storage areas and assisting with keeping a list of all documents stored
· Photocopying and scanning/ printing of documents
· Keeping all photocopiers and printers filled with paper in all areas. Daily check of all barrister floors and staff areas for paper, jams, toner, stationery supplies
· Obtaining and compiling bundles of authorities / research on electronic subscriptions and at libraries / on website
· Checking the Court List daily and informing personnel in relation to court listings and appointments
· Undertaking personal duties for members of chambers when time allows
· Assisting with the set-up of conference rooms
· Assist with making refreshments for meetings
· Ensuring that all members have the correct robes and when necessary organise laundry and dry cleaning
· Clearing conference rooms and returning papers to barrister rooms
· Assist the Clerks’ room as directed
· Ordering and collecting lunches etc
· Managing the books in Chambers including keeping accurate records of books owned. Collating and organising of the binding of book parts
· Paying in cheques and dealing with petty cash as necessary
· Booking couriers, taxis etc
· Any other duties as directed
£23000 – £25000/annumAnnum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.