Paralegal – Court of Protection
Salary: £30,000 plus benefits
Location: London Brige
My client is a successful multi-office practice, who deliver a range of services to clients based locally and further afield. Based in London, they have a national reputation and are a leading Legal 200 firm who pride themselves on providing a high level of client care. Recognising the importance of giving back to the communities in which they are based, they support local charities and provide advice clinics.
As a Paralegal, you will work for two fee-earners in the Court of Protection department based at the London Bridge office. This will be a mixed role with responsibility for certain tasks in a case. We are looking for candidates with at least six months experience working as a Paralegal in Court of Protection.
Duties will include:
* To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients.
* Attend clients at hospitals, care homes and in their home.
* Provide friendly day to day contact with clients and an efficient service for their individual lifestyle requirements.
* Produce plain English letters, witness statements, court applications and other documents as required.
* Make regular payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets.
* Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties.
* Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate.
* To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision. Take notes in client meetings.
Skills and experience required:
* Law Degree
* Previous experience of working as a Paralegal in Court of Protection.
* Flexible and proactive approach with 'can do' attitude
* Good drafting skills, particularly of letters.
* Good Microsoft skills particularly Word and Excel.
* Organised and able to prioritise
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.